Our portfolio review team takes our application process seriously (after all, it's their job). If you're interested, you can apply by going to our photographer application page. You'll need to upload 15 relevant portfolio images, and provide an hourly rate. Since they receive hundreds of applications, we suggest uploading the very best of your work.
When reviewing your work, please keep the following things in mind, as the portfolio review team makes their decisions based on the following questions:
- Is your avatar a picture of your actual face? If so, it is a good picture?
- Have you demonstrated consistent execution in composition, lighting, focus, white balance, and color correction—and exhibited clear DSLR camera understanding?
- Have you uploaded a variety of 15-30 high-resolution jpegs (no screenshots or low-resolution images)?
- Do you have a decent variety? In other words: Are your photos from more than one photo session of the same people?
- Are the subject(s) family appropriate (our clientele is predominately families) and do they consist primarily of people, as opposed to things like puppies, landscapes, or breakfast? (We all love a good food shot, but most of your images need to consist of people).
- Are your photos not over-processed, over-saturated, or do they contain any self-promotional watermarks?
- Does hourly rate you’ve applied for matches the skill level represented in your portfolio?
- Is the price level you’ve applied for is currently accepting applications? (Note: We are very selective of our premium photographers, and the slot is limited).
For a step-by-step walk through, please follow this link to watch a video tutorial, or see below: