Our portfolio review team has specific criteria when evaluating photographer applications. We strive to provide customers with the best service, therefore only less than 20% of all applicants make the cut to become listed on our site. You may have been rejected for the following reasons:
- You did not demonstrate technical ability in composition, lighting, white-balance and color correction.
- You did not upload high resolution images—we expect crisp photos because this is what customers see And absolutely no screen shots!
- Our clients are predominately families. Thus no images can contain references or overatures to non-family friendly subjects (such as drugs, weapons, or boudoir).
- Your style or subject matter was not a fit: Portfolios should be people-focused with landscape and product photos kept to a minimum.
- Your portfolio photos were just of weddings: At this time, Kandid.ly does not cover weddings due to the depth of the involvement.
- Overediting: We prefer natural photos. Please keep highly edited/black and white photos to a minimum.
- Logos/personal promotion: We cannot afford photographers who use Kandid.ly to promote their own private sites since we do not charge our photographers to be listed.
- Hourly rate: we are not currently accepting any more photographers at the hourly rate you selected OR the rate you selected does't match our portfolio quality standards.
- We are not currently accepting applicants: our photography platform in your city may be full—we will notify you if we can add you to our waitlist.
- You did not pass the online interview.
If you would like to update your portfolio and re-apply, please make your adjustments here and then email email@example.com and notify us that you’ve reapplied. We will review, and if your updates adequately fulfill the stated requirements, you’ll receive an email about next steps.
Note: many portfolios in the past have been fixed by these simple changes:
- Uploading a minimum of 15 images
- Only featuring a variety of your best work
- Focused primarily on people, portraits, events, parties, etc.
- Uploading only the highest resolution images